Learn and Have Fun at Blue Zooin Spokane
What better environment to educate and inspire young minds than a hands-on, interactive aquarium in Spokane, WA? Teach students about sea life from around the globe or touch and feed stingrays, birds, and reptiles. Kids can also play and learn on four water tables plus use their imaginations aboard a pirate ship—Avast!
- Field trips can start when the aquarium opens with last check in at 2pm, Monday through Friday, capacity is up to 80 individuals. Ratio for children to adults should be 10:1 at most, with 8:1 being preferable, especially with younger children.
- With a pre-reserved time, field trip pricing is $10.95 per student and $10.95 per adult, children ages 2 and under are free.
- Add-ons: While your entry fee gets you access to all of aquarium, there are a couple of fun add-ons to consider:
- A guided to tour with one of our Animal Care Experts adds additional insights, education and fun facts, along with question and answer time for an increased element of fun and interaction ($95).
- Feeding tokens: Add to the excitement and learning of your students by providing animal feeding options! Token prices are $3 for 1 token, $10 for 4 tokens or $25 for 10.
- A note about clothing: children, especially younger ones, can get pretty wet interacting with the water play tables, in particular. A change of shirt, especially in colder months, is advisable.
- Field trips are available every weekday throughout the year except school holidays. Examples include Winter Break, Spring Break and national holidays.
- Guided tour pricing covers a guided tour for 25 people. If you have more than 25 people, you must pay for a separate tour.
- Due to limited number of field trip reservations each day, all field trips must be booked in advance with two days notice. Groups that arrive without reservation will only be accommodated based on availability and onsite manager discretion.
- Our events department will send you a confirmation email within 48 hours of your form submission to confirm and finalize everything.
Fill out This Simple Field Trip Form!
No problem! Reserve the total number of people that you know you’ll have and you can add more as needed on the day of your field trip. If you think it’s going to be a change of more than 20, please let us know ahead of time so we can make sure that we have enough space.
Yes! We have a party room which makes a great place for lunches or class/discussion time before or after your field trip. Please email email@example.com for more information and pricing.
No, extra clothing is completely optional.
That depends a lot on the age of children, size of the group and if you’re adding a guided tour and tokens. Generally speaking, you can plan to be at the aquarium for 1-2 hours, although many people choose to stay longer and enjoy it for several hours, as the passes are good all day! You can even leave and come back in the same day as long as you do not remove your wristband.
Yes! To get the field trip pricing you just have to have a minimum of 12 people for the group rate.
Yes. We have blackout dates on field trips during school holidays, examples would be Veteran’s Day, Winter Break, MKL Day, President’s Day and Spring Break.
No, tax is additional to above pricing.